Text

Welcome to my weather blog. I produce two weather forecasts per week, normally Monday and Thursday evening, and also put links to any other interesting weather information, and crazy weather videos that I discover. The forecast is based on my expectations for the Reading area, UK. If you want a forecast for your area, please e-mail me or comment below the blog post.

Sunday 27 January 2013

Sunday 27th January 2013


Missing the snow?

Tonight, early showers clearing, mostly dry and chilly, 1'C. However there is a chance of a small feature bringing a downpour around midnight or just after.

Monday sees a band of cloud and rain spread from the west, rain around 2pm to 9pm, give or take, quite showery in nature, 8'C. Noticeably windy. 7'C overnight.

Tuesday through to Wednesday morning will be wet, with further long spells of rain, possibly 30 hours on continuous rain. Missing the snow yet? Wednesday afternoon should see brighter weather but with showers.

A very mild wind on Tuesday could see us reach 13 or even 14'C. Wednesday less mild at 10'C. Mild at night too.

Thursday morning sees the next area of rain, followed by sunshine and showers, fresher at 8'C.

Friday is interesting, an area of heavy rain close to the south, with a cold blast coming from the north - it could turn to snow overnight. One worth watching but only 25% likely.

Any cold snap next weekend I expect to be short-lived.

There is certainly the potential for further cold weather the week after though most likely down here not to be cold enough for snow, say 5 to 7'C with rain.

I am expecting a further significant cold spell during February, starting around 10th February on current tracks.

***

I don't always remember to post my forecasts to my blog as I mainly use Facebook - for those with Facebook you can check my weather page.

No comments:

Post a Comment