Text

Welcome to my weather blog. I produce two weather forecasts per week, normally Monday and Thursday evening, and also put links to any other interesting weather information, and crazy weather videos that I discover. The forecast is based on my expectations for the Reading area, UK. If you want a forecast for your area, please e-mail me or comment below the blog post.

Sunday 3 February 2013

Sunday 3rd February 2013


Tonight will be cloudy, dry and mild, 9'C.

Monday will also be fairly cloudy but some sunny spells, 8'C, 4'C overnight.

Tuesday will be cold and windy, with some showers, and these could fall as snow. Any snowfall is likely to be transient and melt quickly. 4'C by day, 2'C by night. I have a feeling that I may have to update this forecast nearer the time.

Wednesday will feel colder in the northerly wind, albeit possibly not be as cold at 5'C, wintry showers are possible but sunshine is the main story. A frost overnight as the wind dies down, down to -1'C.

Thursday and Friday, the coldish air will still be in place, it should be fairly sunny, around 4'C with a frost overnight, down to -2'C or perhaps even lower.

The weekend looks interesting with a battle between cold air to the east trying to build, and milder Atlantic weather wanting to bring rain back in - and as we saw many times in January this battleground brings lots of snow potential - and of course lots of forecasting headaches.

Currently I do not feel the synoptics are right for a prolonger cold spell and that any snow this coming weekend will be quickly replaced by another spell of milder and wetter weather - it depends on how well entrenched the cold gets this week, I would say there is a 30% chance of this coming cold spell lasting.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend
    your web site, how can i subscribe for a blog site?
    The account helped me a acceptable deal. I had been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast
    provided bright clear concept

    my webpage ... diets that work for women

    ReplyDelete