Text

Welcome to my weather blog. I produce two weather forecasts per week, normally Monday and Thursday evening, and also put links to any other interesting weather information, and crazy weather videos that I discover. The forecast is based on my expectations for the Reading area, UK. If you want a forecast for your area, please e-mail me or comment below the blog post.

Wednesday 16 November 2011

Updated Weather Forecast - Wednesday 16th November 2011

We are going to have a gradual change in the weather over the next 3-5 days as the influence of the high pressure to the east wanes, allowing something more unsettled to approach from the west, though the likely spell of unsettled weather may not last too long.

I shall go straight into the details as I have food in the oven.

Tonight will remain mainly dry, the odd spot of drizzle is possible but unlikely, 8'C.
Thursday will see a breeze picking up from the south-west, so milder at 12'C, and sunny for most of the day, clouding over later in the evening but again the rain should stay well west of Reading, 9'C overnight.
Friday sees the breeze turn southerly, so even milder at 14'C.  The cloud will gradually clear during the day and it should finish sunny, 7'C overnight.
Saturday sees high pressure building again from the east, it will be mainly sunny and remain clear overnight, 13'C by day, 5'C by night.
Sunday will again be mainly sunny, but cloud will build overnight and some patchy light rain will be possible, 12'C by day and 8'C by night.
Monday will be cloudy with outbreaks of rain, I do not expect too much rain but it will likely be on and off all day, 12'C, clearing overnight and a chilly 3'C is possible, and maybe foggy later.
Tuesday will have the potential for a foggy start, and the potential for an area of rain but it is far from certain yet.

The most likely scenario is for there to be some patchy rain at times for the next couple of days, and there is the potential for a heavy band of rain next Thursday/Friday.

Once this clears, if it is as far south as Reading (it may miss), I expect high pressure to build again.

Still no sign of cold.

In fact this autumn will likely go down as one of the warmest in the UK ever.

Remember, I said January would be the most likely month for snow, and December to be surprisingly mild - certainly compared to last year.

Though I don't rule out a brief cold blast at the very beginning of December but I am far from even 50% confident yet.

And finally - a sunset from Martin.

2 comments:

  1. good news as both my umbrellas are at other peoples houses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a spare one if you need to borrow - though it ain't especially good if there is any kind of wind! x

    ReplyDelete