Text

Welcome to my weather blog. I produce two weather forecasts per week, normally Monday and Thursday evening, and also put links to any other interesting weather information, and crazy weather videos that I discover. The forecast is based on my expectations for the Reading area, UK. If you want a forecast for your area, please e-mail me or comment below the blog post.

Tuesday 1 November 2011

Updated Weather Forecast - Tuesday 1st November 2011

Do not panic, your local weather forecaster is here once more.

I might just have a surprise for you later in the forecast too?

Tonight, fine, 8'C.
Wednesday sees a big area of low pressure approaching from the west, the same one that brought the record early snowfall to New York area.  No snow for us, far from it with the continued mild southerly winds.  It should start fine but clouding over with outbreaks of rain in the evening and overnight, 15'C by day and a mild 13'C overnight.
Thursday remains with the mild southerly wind, cloudy with outbreaks of rain at times, especially likely in the evening and overnight, when it is likely to be heavy.  A very mild 17'C despite the cloud and 11'C overnight.
Friday will see it brightening up and less in the way of rain but some showers cannot be ruled out.  15'C by day, 9'C overnight.
Saturday sees low pressure over northern France, pushing rain over the south of England sporadically, it could stay dry though it is more likely to rain at times, I will confirm later in the week. 14'C by day, 10'C by night.
Sunday a repeat performance, outbreaks of rain at times over the south of England, high pressure building to the north, 11'C.

Next week remains uncertain at the moment, but something I am increasingly certain of is high pressure building from the east from around 12th November.

Depending on the exact location, this will most likely mean the first significant frosts of the season.

However, and I remain very cautious for now, there is a 20% chance in my view, of it being positioned just right to allow a significant area of cold, wintry weather, ie snow, to push across from the east.  Around 15th-17th, give or take.

I repeat that it is a 20% chance at best...but worth mentioning!  Needless to say I will be keeping a very close eye - it is my belief that the wintry weather will come from the east this winter, as opposed to the north last winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment