Text

Welcome to my weather blog. I produce two weather forecasts per week, normally Monday and Thursday evening, and also put links to any other interesting weather information, and crazy weather videos that I discover. The forecast is based on my expectations for the Reading area, UK. If you want a forecast for your area, please e-mail me or comment below the blog post.

Monday 19 December 2011

Updated Weather Forecast - Monday 19th December 2011

Mild mild mild mild mild.

I did say December would be mild (ok I know it has been a bit cold this weekend just gone but overall it looks mild).  And I did say no white Christmas.

Though I did say January would be particularly wintry - no sign that I am likely to be right yet - it looks mild or very mild until well into January right now.

One thing that did tickle me about the UK weather last week was the shower of apples, near Coventry.

Anyway, to normal weather:

Tonight will be dry and mostly cloudy, 3'C.
Tuesday will start bright but clouding over in the afternoon with rain later in the evening and overnight, 7'C by day, possibly up to 10'C overnight.
Wednesday will see high pressure building from the south, with sunny spells and mild temperatures up to 13'C - it really will be rather pleasant.  No lower than 7'C overnight.
Thursday again sees sunny spells and 12'C.  Cloudy overnight with rain eventually arriving towards dawn, 11'C.
Friday will see any early rain clearing away during the morning, followed by plenty of sunshine as high pressure builds again.  11'C in the rain but cooler at around 8'C once the sun comes out (yes I know, slightly bizarre logic but it is winter), and chilly overnight with a frost possible, around 1'C.
Christmas Eve will be mostly sunny, 8'C - no lower than 4'C overnight.
Christmas Day will be mostly sunny once again, 10'C quite possible, around 4'C overnight.
Boxing Day will cloud over with some patchy rain, 10'C.

New Years Eve currently looks to be relatively mild but a good chance of rain at some point - it will be a week before I can add any clarity to this though.

And that is your forecast.  Goodbye.

1 comment: