Text

Welcome to my weather blog. I produce two weather forecasts per week, normally Monday and Thursday evening, and also put links to any other interesting weather information, and crazy weather videos that I discover. The forecast is based on my expectations for the Reading area, UK. If you want a forecast for your area, please e-mail me or comment below the blog post.

Thursday 29 December 2011

Updated Weather Forecast - Thursday 29th December 2011

The mild winter is set to continue.  Which I don't mind in some ways as it saves me money on heating bills, however it causing me concern for my expectation of cold, snowy weather from mid-January onwards - I don't see how this forecast can come true.  But I ain't changing it yet.

I had to steal this picture from the BBC's website, of these most wonderful Lenticular clouds - not a formation I have ever seen myself.  I met Paul Hudson when I was a teenager (who wrote wrote the page) so I reckon he won't mind me doing so especially if I point you to his web page, he is a rare specimen - a BBC forecaster that I respect...though not for the whole climate change bullshit.


There are some more photos here, and number 6 in the slide show is even better than this one.

I cannot believe I am promoting people to look at a weather related subject on the BBC...whatever next?

Some weather.

Tonight will see any showers clear away, the chilly breeze will continue but temperatures should fall no lower than 4'C.
Friday may start bright but wind and rain is on the way for the afternoon and into the evening - several hours of rain, with showers following overnight.  6'C by day, but a mild 11'C overnight.
New Year's Eve will remain windy, and cloudy, with some light showers.  More rain overnight but it should stay away until after midnight.  Up to 14'C by day, 11'C by night - very mild.
New Year's Day will also be windy, mostly cloudy, some light showers quite likely.  11'C by day, down to 2'C overnight.
Monday will again be windy, but reasonably sunny, cooler at 6'C by day.  Quite a deep area of low pressure is heading for Scotland in the evening, and even here in sunny Reading there will likely be gales, and some bits of rain overnight.
Tuesday will see rain in the morning, still windy, brighter in the afternoon with some sunshine, 10'C by day, 3'C by night.
Wednesday still breezy but dry in a ridge of high pressure, a fair amount of cloud, 7'C by day, 5'C by night.

There after, it looks like the jetstream might judge go north of the UK, allowing a period of more settled weather, and decreasing further the chance of any snow.

Enjoy your new year's celebrations and I look forward to more inspiring weather forecasts in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment