Text

Welcome to my weather blog. I produce two weather forecasts per week, normally Monday and Thursday evening, and also put links to any other interesting weather information, and crazy weather videos that I discover. The forecast is based on my expectations for the Reading area, UK. If you want a forecast for your area, please e-mail me or comment below the blog post.

Monday 6 June 2011

Updated Weather Forecast - Monday 6th June 2011

I will try to make it short and sweet, as I am quite tired.  Which should be quite easy as the next few days are going to be very similar to one another.

Low pressure is going to be situated somewhere between the northwest and the north of the UK this week, which means showers, especially the further north and west you are, but also for me in Reading.

The nature of a weather forecast of showers does not guarantee that we will get one on any particular day, but equally we could get four or five each day.  So if we get lucky and it stays dry and we get some sunshine, then temperatures could exceed my forecasted values, equally if we get lots of showers then they may not reach what I state below.

Tuesday, as I suggested showers will develop especially during the afternoon, I'd say a 70% chance of getting one, but there will be some sunshine too.  18'C.
Wednesday will also be showery, more likely in the afternoon but possible in the morning too, 80% chance of a shower, breezy too, 17'C.
Thursday, little change, perhaps fewer showers but still a 60% chance of one, 17'C.
Friday I think the risk of a shower reduces to 40% as a ridge of high pressure builds from the south-west, 16'C.
Saturday I am less confident about, it looks like a south-westerly wind will pick up, there will be rain to the west which might affect Reading, but I just favour a dry day with hazy sunshine, and temperatures picking up to maybe 18'C.  I'm 60% in favour of this outcome, 25% of a cloudy but mainly dry day, 15% of cloudy and wet.
Sunday looks likely to see high pressure exert its influence once again, I expect it to be dry, I am not sure on sunshine amounts yet but hopeful of a reasonable amount and 20'C.

I reckon next week might be quite sunny and warm at times, perhaps cooling down in time for the weekend with some showers once more, and then warming up for the latter part of the month - fingers crossed maybe even into the category of hot (but definitely no promise!!).

I remain hopeful of a decent summer - but I do expect interruptions like this week.

2 comments:

  1. id like a bit of a hotter isle of wight trip best dig out the wellies then!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will feel nice if you get some sunshine, you should have a mix of weather.

    ReplyDelete