Text

Welcome to my weather blog. I produce two weather forecasts per week, normally Monday and Thursday evening, and also put links to any other interesting weather information, and crazy weather videos that I discover. The forecast is based on my expectations for the Reading area, UK. If you want a forecast for your area, please e-mail me or comment below the blog post.

Thursday 19 January 2012

Updated Weather Forecast - Thursday 19th January 2012

Winter is still teasing us.  It remains a case of close, but no snowy cigar.  I still feel that the pattern is changing to cold, and I still expect winter to bite us, just not quite just yet...it is really taking its time, though the old pattern was so set in after month upon month that it is not a surprise.

Tonight will be breezy, there is a chance of a shower too, no lower than 3'C.
Friday will see a band of rain coming down from the north-west, it looks to be moving quite slowly once it arrives so some places will get rain all day, others will escape with some patchy rain, 8'C by day and up to 10'C overnight, oh and it will be windy all day.
Saturday will be mostly cloudy with showers, they will be hit and miss, you might get 5 showers or none, still remaining windy, 11'C by day, drier overnight and down to 3'C.
Sunday should be sunny, but there will again be a chance of showers in the breeze, 9'C by day and down to 1'C overnight.
Monday develops a chilly northerly, mostly sunny, odd shower around, 6'C by day and -1'C overnight with a frost.

The battle between wet and windy weather from the Atlantic and the increasing cold over Russia, both heading our way will continue next week, with the Atlantic winning.  For now.

Spring and summer thoughts?

At the moment I think both will be drier than average, especially spring.  Spring I don't yet see being as warm as 2011 but this could change, but certainly lots of sunshine at times.  Summer I do see as warmer than average this year.  Doesn't mean it will be dry and sunny though!  I know I am not exactly sticking my neck out here, but I am formulating ideas right now and it is way too early for me to be confident.  Especially seeing as my forecasting wasn't always up to my usual standards during July and August.

No comments:

Post a Comment