Text

Welcome to my weather blog. I produce two weather forecasts per week, normally Monday and Thursday evening, and also put links to any other interesting weather information, and crazy weather videos that I discover. The forecast is based on my expectations for the Reading area, UK. If you want a forecast for your area, please e-mail me or comment below the blog post.

Monday 5 September 2011

Snow, Snow & More Snow

Reading international weather news recently, I have found stories of unusual snowfall events.

Including, snow as far north in New Zealand as it has been in decades, 31 inches of snow in a desert in Chile where average rainfall is just 4mm a year (about the average amount of rain every day in England...I guess), and up to 60cm of snow in South Africa, another unusual event.

I have also heard reports of early snowfalls in the northern hemisphere despite it only just turning to autumn, in the Swiss mountains, mountains in Canada and even the top of the Scottish highlands.

One is expecting another cold winter - I will be very surprised if we do not at least match the volume of snow of 2010 (bear in mind most of it was in November and December here in the UK), and the cold temperatures.  I might get around to a full autumn/winter forecast this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment