Text

Welcome to my weather blog. I produce two weather forecasts per week, normally Monday and Thursday evening, and also put links to any other interesting weather information, and crazy weather videos that I discover. The forecast is based on my expectations for the Reading area, UK. If you want a forecast for your area, please e-mail me or comment below the blog post.

Thursday 22 September 2011

Updated Weather Forecast - Thursday 22nd September 2011

I did promise to bring back the Ibiza sunshine.  I think someone may have listened.


I cannot actually believe the weather forecast that I am making right now, it is looking ridiculously good for next week.  Stupidly good.  I am so excited to tell you about it.

Friday will see the high pressure building to our south-east, it should be reasonably sunny, though more cloud likely later, 19'C is possible after a slightly chilly start of around 6'C.
Saturday should warm up quite nicely to around 20'C but there is a band of rain coming from the west but it is weakening quickly, it will likely make it cloudy later in the day with some spots of rain in the evening and overnight which is not a bad thing as it will keep night-time temperatures at a mild 14'C.
Sunday will see the cloud and bits of rain clearing to be replaced by some sunshine, but there is also a small area of low pressure developing which will head across Scotland overnight, which may increase the amount of cloud in Reading.  18'C will be reached, but if there is a good amount of sunshine then 21'C is possible.
Monday, that low pressure will move out of the way and the high pressure will assert itself a little bit more, temperatures will depend on cloud levels, it could be a disappointing 15'C but also a pleasant 19'C.
Tuesday, say hello again to summer, as the high pressure will be to our east, and we start to pump up the air from the south, all the way from Ibiza!  24'C very likely, a little less if stuck under some cloud still.  And still mild overnight.
Wednesday sees even warmer air being pumped up so 26'C is likely in lovely sunny skies.  And again, very mild overnight.
Thursday could be ever hotter, I wouldn't rule out 28'C somewhere.  Beautiful sunshine.

And next weekend I expect to be something also quite similar, very warm, or hot, mostly sunny.

I still expect the first part of October to be warmer than average and dry, but as it goes on, increasing chance of fog and frost as it cools down, and then followed by some autumn storms and some early wintry weather during November.

This really will be summer's last stand.  I did say it would be a pretty good summer.  Granted June, July and August were mostly disappointing but I don't think we can complain compared to previous summers.

No comments:

Post a Comment