Text

Welcome to my weather blog. I produce two weather forecasts per week, normally Monday and Thursday evening, and also put links to any other interesting weather information, and crazy weather videos that I discover. The forecast is based on my expectations for the Reading area, UK. If you want a forecast for your area, please e-mail me or comment below the blog post.

Friday 17 June 2011

Updated Weather Forecast - Friday 17th June 2011

Nimbostratus.  Beautiful. I enjoyed the clouds and their darkness this morning.



I really want to give you some hope, and I did always think that we needed some rain in June to have a good summer, just not quite in the way that it has come about.

This Sunday will be nice.  Though I told you that a week ago.

Glastonbury might be rained on after all - come on, admit it, that is what you want to see too?  It was looking hopeful for a good weekend next weekend but there is a bit more uncertainty - part of my hesitancy in giving this forecast and it being later than usual, as I was hoping to be able to be more certain but alas I am not.

I'm waffling...


Friday you may have guessed will be dominated by spells of rain, and it being quite blustery, 15'C.
Saturday will be a day of sunshine and showers, quite windy so the showers will pass quite quickly but could be rather heavy, 16'C at the very best.
Sunday will be fair, there may be a few light showers around, but it will feel fairly pleasant at up to 19'C.
Monday heralds the next low pressure, so more rain and wind, again heavy rain at times, 17'C.
Tuesday and the low pressure hasn't actually moved anywhere really, still sat over Ireland, so more showers or longer spells of rain, 16'C.
Wednesday, the low pressure does get a move on and brings more showers or longer outbreaks of rain, 17'C.

I don't know where it is going to go from there - my head tells me continuing unsettled - my heart says follow my long range forecast of a generally good summer which to come to a reasonable standard of accuracy would involve getting some sunny weather at the end of June and into July.

As soon as I have more confidence, you will know.

I hope you like rain.  At least you won't have to listen to farmers moaning.  Oh and your food prices won't go up quite as much as we will have a much better harvest with this rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment