Text

Welcome to my weather blog. I produce two weather forecasts per week, normally Monday and Thursday evening, and also put links to any other interesting weather information, and crazy weather videos that I discover. The forecast is based on my expectations for the Reading area, UK. If you want a forecast for your area, please e-mail me or comment below the blog post.

Monday 26 September 2011

Updated Weather Forecast - Monday 26th September 2011

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside.

It seems my promise of bringing the Ibiza warmth back has worked out, I hope you appreciate it.  I did think it was a bit selfish of me to go to Ibiza and enjoy the heatwave and leave everyone in the cold and wet weather.

The questions are - how hot will it get, and how long will it last?

No photos today, I am too disorganised, sorry.

So, as per my previous forecast, Tuesday will see high pressure over Germany, giving us a warm south-easterly flow, temperatures up to 24'C, perhaps some early morning mist to clear first.  Lots of sunshine.
Wednesday sees that flow of air become a bit more southerly, 25'C should be reached in glorious autumnal sunshine.
Thursday just that little bit better, maybe up to 27'C, lots and lots of sunshine.  (If this were July, we would be looking at 37'C).
Friday and the patterns stays the same, hot and gloriously sunny, 27'C.
Saturday, the heat should just about hold on, perhaps with a little more cloud, 26'C.
Sunday probably still sunny but warm rather than hot, 23'C.

The most likely outcome is that the high pressure will then drift west towards Ireland, and the temperatures will fall back the following week, so somewhere between Wednesday and Sunday on that week, a northerly flow will likely develop, from the Arctic, bringing frost and an early wintry feel which will be quite a shock to the system, daytime temperatures as low as 10'C possibly - no snow down south but it will feel raw.

So get the scarves ready.

I doubt it will last long as I would then expect the Atlantic to roar back into action with wind and rain, and milder weather for a time.

Until perhaps a cold snowy November?


With regards to winter, I am starting to favour a surprisingly relatively mild December, but followed by a very snowy and very cold January and February.

No comments:

Post a Comment