Text

Welcome to my weather blog. I produce two weather forecasts per week, normally Monday and Thursday evening, and also put links to any other interesting weather information, and crazy weather videos that I discover. The forecast is based on my expectations for the Reading area, UK. If you want a forecast for your area, please e-mail me or comment below the blog post.

Thursday 23 February 2012

Updated Weather Forecast - Thursday 23rd February 2012


I might have been expecting a pleasant and relatively warm day but I wasn't expecting that much sunshine.

Good wasn't it?

It reached 16.2'C here in Reading - the highest temperature I can find for today was 19.0'C in Great Yarmouth (more sheltered from the south-westerly breeze than us) which is just short of the February record of 19.2'C.

Plenty more good weather to come - though of course the weekend will be less warm before warming up again on Monday!

Tonight will be dry and mild at 11'C.
Friday will see plenty of cloud around but also some sunny breaks especially earlier in the day.  The cloud may be thick enough for some spots of rain by the evening, and there will be patchy outbreaks of rain overnight, 14'C by day (warmer if you get lucky with the sunshine), 8'C overnight.
Saturday will likely start cloudy with the odd spot of rain early on but I am confident of some sunny spells developing as the day goes on, 13'C during the day but a chilly 2'C overnight.
Sunday will start sunny though it will tend to cloud over later in the day.  14'C if we are lucky, some patchy rain later in the night, 8'C.
Monday will be cloudy with a mild breeze and some patches of mostly light rain.  15'C is quite possible.  6'C overnight as the skies clear.
Tuesday I am hopeful of a good sunny day and possibly up to 16'C, maybe 17'C.  9'C overnight.

I would expect the rest of next week to be mostly dry, more cloud than sun, some light rain at times.

Pretty benign weather really.

I still repeat that I am expecting more cold with the potential for snow in March.  Currently I have somewhere between the 5th and the 10th March pencilled in.

I have no reason to be confident about this as virtually none of the models have shown it as a possibility over the last week or so.  I'm sticking to my guns, I don't mind falling on my meteorological sword - I cannot get it right every time.

I need a supercomputer like the Met Office.

Or maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment