Text

Welcome to my weather blog. I produce two weather forecasts per week, normally Monday and Thursday evening, and also put links to any other interesting weather information, and crazy weather videos that I discover. The forecast is based on my expectations for the Reading area, UK. If you want a forecast for your area, please e-mail me or comment below the blog post.

Friday 14 October 2011

Updated Weather Forecast - Friday 14th October 2011

Some time ago I hinted that it may turn wintry towards the end of October, and it seems from the media that many weather organisations also think this is going to happen.

It isn't especially unusual, it snowed one late October evening a couple of years ago, I recall.

I am not promising snow, but I am still convinced that there is a cold spell to end October.

After a few Atlantic storms have passed through.

Another lovely photo from my good friend, Martin, I hope that the next photos I have for you will not be so nice...the good part of autumn has finished, the shitty part is beginning.


For now, the focus is on rain, wind, and just how much...after a significant drop in temperature.

Saturday sees the UK stuck between two areas of high pressure, one to our east, one to our south-west, which will allow for a pleasant sunny day, after a chilly start, 16'C will feel quite nice.
Sunday will see a band of rain approaching from the north-west but it will die out by time it reaches Reading, there may be some spits and spots, a chilly start to the day again but it will rise to maybe 17'C but you won't see much sunshine during most of the day.
Monday will be fresher and there will be a noticeable wind, and perhaps a few showers and a band of rain is likely later in the day, probably overnight, 14'C.
Tuesday will feel cold once any early rain has cleared, with a north-westerly wind, and some showers are again possible, 11'C at best but feeling colder, possibly down to 2'C overnight.
Wednesday sees high pressure building from the south-west for a short while, so a more settled day, less wind but still quite cold, 10'C, and another cold night, 2'C again possible.
Thursday should be reasonably pleasant but the next low pressure is approaching so it could finish with rain, 12'C, less of a cold feel.


And from then I think we will have a week of very strong winds at times, some long periods of rain, day after day.

Hello Autumn.

By the way, I almost forgot to mention, that for the first half of October, we are about 5'C above the average temperature.  Quite ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment