Text

Welcome to my weather blog. I produce two weather forecasts per week, normally Monday and Thursday evening, and also put links to any other interesting weather information, and crazy weather videos that I discover. The forecast is based on my expectations for the Reading area, UK. If you want a forecast for your area, please e-mail me or comment below the blog post.

Saturday 1 October 2011

Updated Weather Forecast - Saturday 1st October 2011

I think the heat might have got to my head, I am doing a third updated of the week - three whole forecasts from me in a week!  The main reason is that I can give a slight upgrade on the downgrade that I suggested for next week.

First, a beautiful sunset photo over London, taken again by my very good friend, Martin.


Sunday will be the last of those gloriously hot sunny summer days, only 26'C and a tiny bit of high cloud at times as the low pressure systems in the Atlantic approach.
Monday, however will still be mainly sunny, with a little cloud, and 25'C is still quite likely.  A band of cloud will pass overnight introducing noticeably fresher air.
Tuesday sees high pressure trying to reassert itself to the south of the UK, normal temperatures of 19'C which is still pretty decent, some sun, some cloud.
Wednesday sees the winds increase, but the weather during the day will be fair, possibly still around 19'C but there will be a band of showery rain overnight, possibly rather heavy with gusty winds.
Thursday will have this cold north-westerly wind so be prepared, it will be a shock to the system!  It might start mild depending how quick the band of rain disappears but will cool down during the day, 14'C at best.
Friday should be fine and sunny, the high pressure will have displaced the cold winds to the east but it won't be warm, just feeling less cold, 15'C.

Saturday and Sunday may well see the return of the warmer air, sunshine and temperatures of 20'C or maybe a little more.

I will be disappointed if October doesn't include gales, frost and some early snow.

Enjoy.  I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment