Text

Welcome to my weather blog. I produce two weather forecasts per week, normally Monday and Thursday evening, and also put links to any other interesting weather information, and crazy weather videos that I discover. The forecast is based on my expectations for the Reading area, UK. If you want a forecast for your area, please e-mail me or comment below the blog post.

Monday 17 October 2011

Updated Weather Forecast - Monday 17th October 2011

The jet-stream is raging right above the UK, and those of you who know me well, may be aware that I believe that it affects more than just the weather, it affects emotions too.  I am waiting to be proved incorrect.  I am not yet certain of causality.

The UK looks set to become a battleground, once again, so forecasting is very difficult at the moment so I may need to make more regular updates.

Monday night will see squally winds and the potential for a short period of very heavy rain, though it may die out by time it gets to Reading, very difficult to know for sure, but most people in the area should get some rain, some much more than others, a mild night at 12'C.
Tuesday sees the introduction of this much colder air, windy, with blustery showers, 11'C but feeling much colder than that.  Chilly overnight.
Wednesday sees a ridge of high pressure trying to push in from the south-west, it will be fine but feeling cold at maybe only 9'C - overnight, don't be surprised if you are scraping some frost in the early morning, as it may get down to 0'C...be prepared!
Thursday, chilly but calm, 10'C, sunny too, though there may be some mist or fog to clear.  It might not be quite as cold overnight this time.

It is a strange meteorological situation at the moment, a very fluid one, so apologies for the lack of definition of the medium-term weather.

Anything really could happen, from a proper autumn storm, to a bizarre wintry blast from the east, or maybe a long settled spell of high pressure?

I don't think we are going to know for definite for a couple of days, but it could map out the autumn.

I will do my best to keep you posted on my thoughts.

By the way, the body is most susceptible to illnesses during changes of temperature, ie from hot to cold, like we are going through now, so I think I am going to stock up on oranges, etc to keep me healthy, I don't want lots of colds and stuff like last year, yuck.

I do personally believe that we are more likely to get an early short sharp winter attack in late October or during November but then something much milder and wet and windy until around Christmas time - January and February I feel are more likely for snow and cold this year, but we shall see.

2013 and 2014 I think will be the really cold winters, either this one or the next one might be a little milder than likely.

No comments:

Post a Comment