Text

Welcome to my weather blog. I produce two weather forecasts per week, normally Monday and Thursday evening, and also put links to any other interesting weather information, and crazy weather videos that I discover. The forecast is based on my expectations for the Reading area, UK. If you want a forecast for your area, please e-mail me or comment below the blog post.

Monday 16 January 2012

Updated Weather Forecast - Monday 16th January 2012

Fear not, my last forecast wasn't real - I wouldn't let you down would I?

Finally we have had some cold weather, with it getting down to -4.6'C on Saturday morning in Reading.

Currently it is already below freezing, and I expect it to get down to something like -4'C again tonight in clear skies.
Tuesday will start cold and sunny but it will cloud over during the day, 6'C by day, and down to around 1'C overnight so we should just escape a frost, with a few spots of rain by dawn.
Wednesday will be cloudy with outbreaks of mainly light to moderate rain, drier overnight, reaching a mild 11'C by day and 6'C overnight.  Breezy too.
Thursday will be cooler in a chilly wind from the north-west, quite sunny with a good chance of a shower or two, and some more general outbreaks of rain overnight, 7'C by day, 3'C at night.
Friday will be fairly cloudy, a little sunshine, more showers and some showery rain overnight, any rain will be light to moderate, around 7'C.

And what about the wintry weather for the weekend that I said was 50% likely?

Well, not so likely, surprise, surprise (I said it never snows on my birthday).

Saturday will have a cold northerly wind, down to 6'C by day, 1'C at night, chance of a shower or two...of rain.
Sunday might even see a north-easterly wind but the proper cold won't quite get across the north sea, maybe there might be a wintry flurry but I wouldn't put a bet on it.  4'C by day, -3'C overnight.
Monday looks likely to see rain coming in from the west, turning to snow in some areas however Reading is not one of the places that is likely to see snow, a 10% chance.  3'C.

I'm not fully confident on this outcome for the weekend, I would not be surprised if it were actually a little milder and wetter.

The remainder of the month and into February will remain changeable and almost certainly less mild than December and January so far, with more cold weather at times and much less rain.

Over and out and asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment