Text

Welcome to my weather blog. I produce two weather forecasts per week, normally Monday and Thursday evening, and also put links to any other interesting weather information, and crazy weather videos that I discover. The forecast is based on my expectations for the Reading area, UK. If you want a forecast for your area, please e-mail me or comment below the blog post.

Thursday 5 January 2012

Updated Weather Forecast - Thursday 5th January 2012

The wind was quite the story this week - always good to get a good blow.


I was going to take a picture of a few large twigs on the pavement near my house, but I have a photo of some blown over fences from Twyford.  Thanks to Carley for the photo, I hope your landlord puts them back up and not you!

I am getting increasingly confident that my prediction of a cold, snow-filled second half of January might actually come true despite the last 3-4 months of mild weather and absolutely no sign of winter to date.

This time next week I should be able to say yes or no for definite.  The time-scale is somewhere from the 15th onwards, with my birthday weekend being prime target.  It never snows on my birthday.

On my previous forecast, I was living in hope, 10% confident.  I am now 30% confident of this.  A big improvement but quite a way from getting excited.  Not that I am particularly excited about freezing my tits off...I just like being right.

For now, we are entering a more benign period of weather (boring) which after all the wind and rain of the last week may appeal, as high pressure builds from the south at last.

Tonight, dry with a chilly breeze dying out, 2'C.
Friday will start bright, more cloud later with a couple of showers in the evening and overnight, 7'C by day, 9'C by night - still breezy.
Saturday will be bright with some sunshine, some clouds, and dry, 8'C by day, 3'C by night.
Sunday will be cloudy with some patchy rain during the day but not amounting to much, mild 11'C by day, 7'C by night.
Monday may start cloudy with a spot of drizzle but I expect it to become sunny and will be rather pleasant at up to 12'C, cool overnight, down to 1'C, maybe a touch lower with a slight frost.
Tuesday will be mostly sunny, some cloud developing perhaps.  It should reach 10'C - overnight anywhere between 0'C and 7'C depending on cloud levels - sorry but your guess is as good as mine on that one right now.
Wednesday again I am hopeful for some sunshine and if so it could reach a balmy 13'C, lower if it stays cloudy.  Again, night-time temperature depends on cloud levels - anywhere from 0'C to 8'C.

Thursday and Friday also dry but I cannot say whether cloudy or sunny yet, but it will most likely remain mild.  There is a chance of fog forming but at the moment I rate it as a small chance, I will confirm on the next forecast.

Next weekend looks unsettled.

Then the will-it, won't-it fun begins.

I hope to be the first to tell you.

I've been lacking in weather photos recently so please do send one if you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment