Text

Welcome to my weather blog. I produce two weather forecasts per week, normally Monday and Thursday evening, and also put links to any other interesting weather information, and crazy weather videos that I discover. The forecast is based on my expectations for the Reading area, UK. If you want a forecast for your area, please e-mail me or comment below the blog post.

Friday 2 March 2012

Updated Weather Forecast - Friday 2nd March 2012

I have to admit, my last forecast was not my best.  I let my heart rule my head.  It was not as sunny, nor as warm as I forecasted for this week, I do apologise.

Though on the flip side I have long been talking about more cold weather during March with the potential for snow and it is about to turn cold again.

Tonight will be cloudy and damp with some drizzle developing, and a good chance of fog forming - not everywhere though.  Around 7'C.
Saturday will see a band of rain passing through in the morning followed by sunshine and showers, 12'C.  4'C overnight.
Sunday sees a very interesting area of low pressure over the south of England, with a significant amount of rain which I expect to be heavy and persistant, and as it stalls over the south of England it will drag in an easterly wind and overnight the rain will likely turn to snow over the hills - very unlikely to turn to snow in Reading but you just never know.  A thoroughly miserable day with probably more rain than we saw in the whole of February put together.  7'C at best, down to 0'C overnight.
Monday sees the low pressure sink south towards France.  It will be cloudy all day, and there may still be some rain (or possibly sleet or snow) at times especially early in the day.  Feeling cold at 4'C, 2'C overnight.
Tuesday sees high pressure building, it should be dry but will be mostly cloudy I expect, 7'C.  0'C overnight with a touch of frost.
Wednesday will be mostly dry and cloudy, milder at around 11'C, a little light rain possible.

I am expecting a topsy-turvy March.

It will swing from milder than average, perhaps even warm at times, to cold with wintry showers, within the space of a few days.  Apart from this coming Sunday, I am not expecting much in the way of rainfall.

The main influences will be brief northerly blasts of cold showery wintry air, attempted easterlies which may bring significant snow but will probably not happen, and long-fetch south-westerlies bring mild and dry weather, and at times sunshine.

I do not currently see a repeat of last April's gloriousness.  I feel this April will be cool and showery for the first half but warming up nicely towards the end.

May I feel will start off with good sunny warm weather, though I expect more rain in the second half.

Remember, it could be worse - you could be in Australia with the floods and we have been warmer than Cyprus.

No comments:

Post a Comment