Text

Welcome to my weather blog. I produce two weather forecasts per week, normally Monday and Thursday evening, and also put links to any other interesting weather information, and crazy weather videos that I discover. The forecast is based on my expectations for the Reading area, UK. If you want a forecast for your area, please e-mail me or comment below the blog post.

Thursday 22 March 2012

Updated Weather Forecast - Thursday 22nd March 2012

I know I said my last weather forecast was possibly going to be my last regular forecast however it got 29 readers which is a bit more like it - it makes it worth the amount of time I spend on it, and I do spend time on it - every day, a minimum of twice a day I am studying charts, etc.

Granted 3 of the readers came via www.buygenericsfromindia.com.

We reached 18'C today in Reading - and it should go a little higher in the next couple of days - I am happy to put a bet on 20'C being reached.

Remember - I told you this 10 days ago.  Did anyone else tell you?

I don't claim to get every single detail spot on - the professionals cannot and neither can I.  But I do like to believe that I provide something better for the people of Reading and the surrounding area than other widely available "forecasts".

Rant over, have some weather:

Tonight will be cloudy with a small chance of a shower, 6'C.
Friday may start cloudy but the sun will come out and it should reach 18'C in good sunny spells, a 20% chance of a shower later in the afternoon, 6'C overnight.
Saturday will see good sunny spells, some cloud around.  I am hopeful of 20'C being reached.  6'C overnight.
Sunday will be cloudier but there will still be sunny spells and 17'C is quite possible.  5'C overnight.
Monday will be sunnier but more of an easterly than the southerly of the last few days so a touch cooler at 16'C and possibly down to 3'C overnight.

Tuesday and Wednesday will both be sunny days up to 17'C or 18'C.

I've said it before and I will say it again - April 2012 will not be a repeat of the beautiful April 2011.  Which is a good thing in my book as another glorious spring will probably curse summer.

I would currently say there is a 50% chance of a northerly setting in by the end of March, bringing, yes, you guessed it - wintry showers.

Either way I expect roughly the first 15-20 days of April to be much cooler than now, and also more unsettled with some hefty showers.

Keep reading and I might keep doing forecasts :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment