Text

Welcome to my weather blog. I produce two weather forecasts per week, normally Monday and Thursday evening, and also put links to any other interesting weather information, and crazy weather videos that I discover. The forecast is based on my expectations for the Reading area, UK. If you want a forecast for your area, please e-mail me or comment below the blog post.

Monday 6 June 2011

Long Range Summer Forecasts

Most long-range weather forecasts for the UK this summer that I have seen, have been fairly mixed - periods of cooler and somewhat unsettled weather mixed with periods of warm and sunny weather.

One stuck out like a sore thumb though, from netweather - not my favourite site but a good site nonetheless.  They predicted a hot, sunny and dry summer like the infamous 1976 type and were one of the first to come out with a summer forecast if I recall correctly.  It has been quoted aplenty in the media.

Interestingly they have changed it and gone back into line with other forecasts that I have seen.

Nice to see that they are not afraid to make amendments.  I wonder if the general media are going to stop writing articles to say that we are in line for a hot summer?

On another note, I don't think it will be long until we get more warm and sunny days - Sunday perhaps?  Will do my forecast tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment