Text

Welcome to my weather blog. I produce two weather forecasts per week, normally Monday and Thursday evening, and also put links to any other interesting weather information, and crazy weather videos that I discover. The forecast is based on my expectations for the Reading area, UK. If you want a forecast for your area, please e-mail me or comment below the blog post.

Monday 13 June 2011

Updated Weather Forecast - Monday 13th June 2011

I perhaps went a tad over-pessimistic on my last forecast suggesting summer may be over - much of my long-range thoughts for a fairly good summer depended on downpours during June, especially around the middle part and perhaps I shouldn't jump the gun.

I can only offer glimmers of hope, and sadly pretty much a guarantee that this coming weekend overall be slightly more minging than the one just gone (you don't get descriptions like that on the Met Office forecasts).  But as per my previous forecast, a couple of nice days first.

Tuesday will be fairly sunny, and fairly warm, 20'C, as a ridge of high pressure builds.
Wednesday has the potential to be rather cloudy, but still quite warm at 19'C.  If the sun manages to break through, which is quite possible, then it could go to 22'C.
Thursday sees the next area of low-pressure coming towards the north-west of the country, and preceding down south it is a little system which brings a high chance of some heavy, showery outbreaks of rain, possibly thundery, possibly very heavy, 16'C, a little higher in any sunny breaks.
Friday may start dry, possibly even sunny, but another little area of low pressure is set to develop, currently most likely in the evening, but maybe the afternoon - maybe overnight, the timing is not yet set in stone, probably some quite heavy rain too, 16'C.

I'm not exactly confident on the details of when it will rain during the weekend, and whether it will be rain or showers, but here goes.

Saturday and the low pressure will be hanging around, the potential for more rain, or showers, or if lucky then just damp and cloudy, 15'C, and possibly rather windy.
Sunday is most likely to be showery, but I would not rule out another area of rain developing.  15'C.

Maybe a nice day or two early the week after, before another low pressure looks like developing especially for the start of Glastonbury, ha ha!

All may not be lost though as the actual weekend part currently looks more likely to be settled and dry, possibly warm, than wet.  But with the jet-stream behaving like it is at the moment, I wouldn't bet on it yet.

There are tentative signs of something better to finish June off.  But don't get your hopes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment