Text

Welcome to my weather blog. I produce two weather forecasts per week, normally Monday and Thursday evening, and also put links to any other interesting weather information, and crazy weather videos that I discover. The forecast is based on my expectations for the Reading area, UK. If you want a forecast for your area, please e-mail me or comment below the blog post.

Thursday 23 June 2011

Updated Weather Forecast - Thursday 23rd June 2011

This is one of those forecasts that I love being able to do.  Hot sunshine.  On a weekend.  Oh yeah.  I remember those forecasts thinking, this is just really boring weather that I am forecasting...finally it is going to get interesting.

I am pretty much repeating my last forecast, which is pleasing, though with a slight upgrade.

There is high pressure to our south-west, and low pressure to the northwest.

Friday will see the high pressure squeeze its way into the UK, but at the same time there is rain coming on a warm front from the west, so though Friday will start pleasant and fairly sunny, cloud will build, and there will be outbreaks of rain by the middle of the evening and overnight.  18'C.
Saturday will start cloudy and overcast, perhaps some bits of light rain left over early on, but it will warm up and the sun should come out eventually, and it will feel humid too, 22'C.  As per my previous forecast though, if the sun comes out a bit earlier than expected, it might reach 25'C.
Sunday - say hello summer!  Sunshine.  A few tiny bits of cloud perhaps, but this will be one of the best days of the summer - make the most of it.  I reckon we could reach 27'C.

Then it gets interesting.

Monday will see the humidity increase significantly, and it will still be hot, I think there will be plenty of photography cloud around.  Temperature could be anywhere between 25'C and 30'C,depending on sunshine amounts.  There is the potential for showers later in the day, with a little thunder perhaps.
Tuesday could be a very interesting day.  There will be lots of moisture in the air and it will probably be 24'C by 9am, there is significant thunderstorm potential throughout the day, little in the way of sunshine 27'C.

I've seen these things pass us by many times in recent years, but I do think that we have at least a 50% chance of a severe thunderstorm from Monday night onwards.

This air mass is going to create one or two huge mega thunderstorms I suspect, but I am not yet sure if the UK will experience them - I think I will be doing another updated forecast on Saturday!

After that, well Wednesday should be a relief from the heat and humidity, any early rain will clear to leave sunny spells, possibly up to 20'C but cooling down all the time.

From then on, high pressure should take charge for a few days at least, giving sunny but not especially warm days.

And then the question will be, can we repeat this again?  Or do we revert back to type - ie what most of June has been like?

I remain hopeful.

This could be the most enjoyable few days of weather for the year so far coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment