Text

Welcome to my weather blog. I produce two weather forecasts per week, normally Monday and Thursday evening, and also put links to any other interesting weather information, and crazy weather videos that I discover. The forecast is based on my expectations for the Reading area, UK. If you want a forecast for your area, please e-mail me or comment below the blog post.

Monday 27 June 2011

Updated Weather Forecast - Monday 27th June 2011

As I write it is still 25'C outside - it peaked on Sunday in Reading at 27.5'C.  I think this is just the hottest temperature of the year.  Even at midnight tonight it will be around 21'C - not exactly comfortable.

Back to normal tomorrow though.

There is a 50% chance of a downpour later this evening and overnight and I wouldn't totally rule out a rumble of thunder.

Tuesday will be fair, some sunshine but also a fair amount of cloud and a 50% chance of a shower.  It should still feel pleasant in the sunshine at 20'C.
Wednesday will be fresher but with more sunshine I expect.  Still a few clouds around and a 30% chance of a shower, 18'C.
Thursday will be sunny again as high pressure builds, still some cloud and a 20% chance of a shower, 17'C.
Friday sees a ridge of high pressure over the UK and slightly warmer air, but low pressure approaching the west of the UK.  It will stay dry and reasonably sunny and may even reach 20'C.
Saturday I am not 100% confident on yet but most likely to remain nice and maybe reaching 22'C.  There probably will be cloud at times, and a small chance of a shower perhaps.
Sunday should be similar to Saturday, again I am not fully confident on details, there is a chance of showers but if it stays fine then 20'C possible.  I would rule out an upgrade later in the week.

I favour a few somewhat unsettled days after that but nothing too bad, followed by perhaps a couple of days of hot and sunny weather for the weekend of 9th/10th, or maybe shortly after.

Too far out to be sure - but I did predict this one 2 weeks in advance (check old forecasts if you don't believe me!!).

Overall it looks like a decent couple of weeks, and maybe a decent July.  Keep those fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment