Text

Welcome to my weather blog. I produce two weather forecasts per week, normally Monday and Thursday evening, and also put links to any other interesting weather information, and crazy weather videos that I discover. The forecast is based on my expectations for the Reading area, UK. If you want a forecast for your area, please e-mail me or comment below the blog post.

Thursday 5 May 2011

Updated Weather Forecast - Thursday 5th May 2011

Well hello and welcome to another weather forecast.

Remember rain?  It is coming back.  Don't be afraid - we need it, and if we are to have a good summer, we need to get the rain out of the way now.  I remain confident of a good summer.

Whilst there is plenty of rain to expect - there is also going to be sunshine and warmth to enjoy too.

Friday will be quite sunny, but there will definitely be cloud around.  It will feel warm and perhaps quite humid, 21'C.  Later in the evening there is a good chance of some heavy and thundery showers coming up from France.  60% chance of catching one in Reading is my estimate.
Saturday will have plenty of cloud, but I hope it might turn sunny in the afternoon, there could be some bits of showery rain around too, but again later in the evening it could turn rather wet and perhaps thundery.  Warm and humid once more, 21'C, possibly 23'C or more if lucky.
Sunday and this low pressure to the west of Ireland that I have been talking about for a while is starting to make its presence felt, I am expecting a few hours of heavy rain, though Reading and anywhere further south will probably escape the heaviest, but that is not certain.  17'C.
Monday looks sunnier, but the potential for rain is there, especially further west I feel, 19'C but don't be surprised if it is 15'C and wet for a while instead.

From then on I am guessing as to individual days.  But I am expecting a pattern of cooler showery days, around 16'C, interspersed with warmer sunnier days, 20'C.

But the overall theme I believe is for it to become more unsettled - but most periods of rain will only last a couple of hours, there will be plenty of drier and some sunshine too.

I do have fears for some torrential downpours in June, perhaps leading to flooding.  I could be wrong, but all the synoptics are pointing this way.

But I still believe we are going to have a good summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment