Text

Welcome to my weather blog. I produce two weather forecasts per week, normally Monday and Thursday evening, and also put links to any other interesting weather information, and crazy weather videos that I discover. The forecast is based on my expectations for the Reading area, UK. If you want a forecast for your area, please e-mail me or comment below the blog post.

Friday 3 February 2012

Snow Update - 3rd February 2011

I thought I would do you a quick update on the snow situation.

Around 4-5pm on Saturday afternoon it should start to snow - it may be a bit wet or sleety initially but it will come down and give a fair covering - perhaps not quite the 10cm I suggested in my previous forecast, but not far off.

I think the chance of the back end of the system being more rain or sleet rather than snow is now around 40%, an increase from yesterday which is the main reason I feel that the total amount of snow on the ground come Sunday morning will be lower, and also I feel that the front will clear the UK quicker than I previously expected and it should have stopped snowing/raining by 3am on Sunday morning.

Monday is still indecisive as there may be some rain showers to melt the snow - but equally it could be more wintry.

Then a reload of the cold with more snow potential during next week, as I suggested on yesterday's forecast.

No comments:

Post a Comment