Text

Welcome to my weather blog. I produce two weather forecasts per week, normally Monday and Thursday evening, and also put links to any other interesting weather information, and crazy weather videos that I discover. The forecast is based on my expectations for the Reading area, UK. If you want a forecast for your area, please e-mail me or comment below the blog post.

Monday 20 February 2012

Updated Weather Forecast - Monday 20th February 2012

Finally a touch of warmth this week - I say finally, it hasn't exactly been that long since reasonable temperatures and just a couple of years ago it didn't reach 15'C for the first time until well into April.

So this is quite unusual.  But not too unusual to be above 15'C in February with the wind from the right direction and some sunshine.  Don't even try suggesting any of that global warming crap - many of the daily record temperatures were set in the 19th century.

Thanks to the lovely Natalie for letting me steal this lovely sun-rise photo.

Tonight will be dry, down to 2'C assuming the cloud breaks a bit.
Tuesday will be mostly cloudy, a few spots of light rain, the odd sunny break too, 10'C by day and 5'C by night, breezy.
Wednesday will be cloudy, quite windy with outbreaks of moderate rain in the afternoon, clearing during the evening.  Mild at 12'C by day and no lower than 9'C at night.
Thursday will see a mixture of cloud and sunshine, with more emphasis on cloud.  Those areas that stay cloudy all day will be around 13'C but those with some sunshine could reach 16'C, maybe even 17'C.  Keep your fingers crossed.  9'C overnight.
Friday will see more sunshine than cloud, and with luck temperatures should rise to 15'C.  Cooler weather spreading down in the evening, down to 2'C overnight, perhaps a little lower with a frost.
Saturday looks mostly sunny, 11'C, chilly overnight again.

For the end of February and beginning of March I still see a cool-down with some possible wintriness, though perhaps more in the way of frost.

I have long thought March will see more cold weather and snow, and I still stick to that.

However I am now thinking there will also be significant rain and wind for part of it too.  Not enough to beat the drought but a helping hand for farmers, at least.  I don't expect any better than average temperatures in March - that isn't too say that there won't be one or two sunny and fairly warm days, but on average - no better than average.

I'm not decided for April yet though I am tending towards above-average rainfall.

No comments:

Post a Comment