Text

Welcome to my weather blog. I produce two weather forecasts per week, normally Monday and Thursday evening, and also put links to any other interesting weather information, and crazy weather videos that I discover. The forecast is based on my expectations for the Reading area, UK. If you want a forecast for your area, please e-mail me or comment below the blog post.

Thursday 9 February 2012

Updated Weather Forecast - Thursday 9th February 2012

As ever during a UK cold snap, it remains predictably unpredictable.

Though I am pleased to say that I did suggest more significant snow on last Thursday's forecast for today.

Tonight will see light and patchy snow at first but in Reading we should get 2-3 hours of moderate to fairly heavy snow from 9pm.  Enough to give 3-5cm I should think - some areas will get more than others, it will be quite localised.  After midnight it will become light and patchy again.  -1'C.
Friday will see any light and patchy snow clearing early.  I am hopeful for some sunshine during the afternoon.  Cold at 1'C with a severe frost overnight, down to -7'C quite possibly.
Saturday will be cold and sunny, possibly not above 0'C.  It will quickly become cold overnight, down to -4'C but will become less cold as the night goes on and cloud increases, with a little light sleet or snow by dawn.
Sunday will be mostly cloudy and slightly milder, up to 4'C.  There will be precipitation around, most likely to be light rain.  It will be patchy - nothing significant.  0'C overnight.
Monday will see a cold northerly wind developing, but paradoxically it will be milder at 7'C.  There should be a few sunny breaks - any showers will be of rain.  1'C overnight.
Tuesday will continue with this cold northerly wind, 4'C at best but feeling much colder.  Fair with some showers which could be wintry.

Wednesday has the potential for another snow event, currently 30% likely.

The second half of February looks much more unsettled.

This will most likely mean an end to the cold weather later next week for a few days, maybe a week, but in its place more rain and some wind too.  I would say a 70% chance of this change occurring.

However I am still confident of more cold weather to follow by the end of February and during March.

Feel free to send me a snowy photo for my next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment