Text

Welcome to my weather blog. I produce two weather forecasts per week, normally Monday and Thursday evening, and also put links to any other interesting weather information, and crazy weather videos that I discover. The forecast is based on my expectations for the Reading area, UK. If you want a forecast for your area, please e-mail me or comment below the blog post.

Thursday 16 February 2012

Updated Weather Forecast - Thursday 16th February 2012

Time for a little weather roller-coaster.  I think I have nearly everything in here from sunshine to snow, rain, wind, frost and...t-shirt weather?

Time for my weather picture:

Yeah I know it is a bit blurry.  Stop moaning and send me one of your own.

Please.

Tonight will be mostly cloudy, perhaps thick enough for a spot of drizzle by dawn, no lower than 6'C.
Friday will be cloudy with some patchy drizzle at times.  Rather mild at 12'C to 13'C.
Saturday will be cloudy with rain coming down from the north for around midday to 6pm, give or take.  It will likely be heavy at times with a chance of a rumble of thunder.  There will be a cold breeze - 9'C to start the day but quickly falling down to -2'C after the rain.  Oh incidentally, the rain could turn wintry on the back edge for a very short period.
Sunday is uncertain but it will be cold at no higher than 4'C and there is a 30% chance of a couple of snow showers.  Nothing too heavy so don't get excited.
Monday sees the wind turn to the west and then the south-west - coming not too far away from the equator so a very warm source.  Still only 7'C but it should be sunny to start - some cloud later with some light rain.  2'C overnight.
Tuesday will be mostly cloudy, some bright spells are possible though.  Rain overnight.  10'C by day and 6'C overnight, breezy.
Wednesday currently looks like a little rain feature developing which could be heavy.  If it does rain then 8'C - if it doesn't develop then up to 12'C.  70% likely for the rain at the moment.
Thursday could be the highlight of the year so far as the mild breeze continues and it will likely reach 15'C across parts of England (as I suggested on my last forecast) - it will need a little sunshine so if it stays cloudy in your location then 12'C is most likely.

I see it remaining changeable for the rest of the month and I am still expecting March to see more cold and snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment