Text

Welcome to my weather blog. I produce two weather forecasts per week, normally Monday and Thursday evening, and also put links to any other interesting weather information, and crazy weather videos that I discover. The forecast is based on my expectations for the Reading area, UK. If you want a forecast for your area, please e-mail me or comment below the blog post.

Monday 16 May 2011

Updated Weather Forecast - Monday 16th May 2011

You will be pleased to know, that as per my long-range forecast, things are about to warm up for the last third of the month.

I'm going to tell you what it looks like for the rest of the month, but I would not be surprised if it ends up better than current predictions.  During the weekend, the near continent should reach 30'C and I would not be surprised to see my current forecast upgraded towards that, briefly.  But my forecast is based on what I think is the most likely outcome.

It is certainly going to be an interesting week for me to be studying the models.  We have a bit of dross to get out of the way first though.

Tuesday will be rather cloudy, there could be a little bit of light rain at times.  The Atlantic is trying to bring in weather fronts, but high pressure is trying to build from the south, neither win, hence cloud and meh - but this is a good thing in the scheme of things, trust me!  16'C.
Wednesday has low pressure to the north, so a band of rain will try to cross but it will in the end just be cloud, and may feel quite humid perhaps, 18'C.  If you are lucky and get some sunshine before the band of cloud then 20'C for a while.
Thursday will feel fresher, but be sunnier.  Still enough cloud around and there is a potential for an isolated shower, 16'C.
Friday should be a lovely day as the Azores high pressure cell starts to become connected with the European high pressure cell, and therefore plenty of sunshine, some clouds, 20'C I hope - maybe slightly less.
Saturday may be cloudier, but warmer, 21'C.
Sunday, sunny, 25'C maybe, and maybe a thunderstorm later on.  Maybe.
Monday, chance of thunderstorms, it should still be warm and also humid, 25'C.

Sunday and Monday are the days where it really could be upgraded significantly with regards to temperatures - but also the chance of rain, and heavy downpours at that.

Then after that it looks like high pressure will build again but with cooler and fresher weather, say 17'C.  But warming up again quite quickly...

This is shaping up to be a really good summer, fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment