Text

Welcome to my weather blog. I produce two weather forecasts per week, normally Monday and Thursday evening, and also put links to any other interesting weather information, and crazy weather videos that I discover. The forecast is based on my expectations for the Reading area, UK. If you want a forecast for your area, please e-mail me or comment below the blog post.

Monday 11 July 2011

Updated Weather Forecast - Monday 11th July 2011

Considering that I spend about 3 hours researching and writing each weather forecast, and I am averaging 10 readers per forecast this month, each of my readers can consider themselves to have had about 18 minutes invested in their weather forecasting requirements by me.  I would normally charge £20 an hour, so that is £6 each of value that you are getting from me each time.  I doubt that you can say that about that damn irritating Scottish woman on the BBC.

But the chances are I at least like you, and quite possibly love you.  I do it for the love, not for money.  I don't think I want the pressure of having to provide a paid service.  As long as one person tells me how much they appreciate my weather forecast every month, then I will carry on doing it.

Did you believe me a little while back when I said summer was around the corner?  I decided about 3 hours afterwards that I had clearly done a lot of hallucinogenic drugs that morning and was deluded.

But don't fear.  I later realised that I hadn't (by the way for the purposes of any members of HR/family/employers reading this, that isn't really my cup of tea, I am just being facetious...I was drunk, blame the Absinthe).  I am going to be right.  Honestly, I am.  Trust me - I am a weather forecaster.

I don't see it as going down as a classic summer unless we get lucky, but a generally good one, and we deserve it after the last 4 summers and the recession, damn you Gordon Brown (though I suspect you don't have Sven Vath-like qualities of controlling the weather, causing the recession was enough...yes I know all the individuals that took part and encouraged reckless lending are also to blame).

I'm going off on tangents again.  I have been absolutely terrible for this today.  I shouldn't be writing blogs today, I have partied too much to make any coherent sense.  But it is my duty.

Oh shit, I sounded like Gordon Brown then.  For the last sentence of the last paragraph, I don't think he knew how to party.  Though he did speak a lot of bullshit.  Just like me today.  I intended to write a blog post about the demise of the News Of The World earlier, I only had two short sentences in mind, but I ended up on a long rambling blog about Jimmy Bullard.  It kind of makes sense in my head as to how I got onto the subject matter.

Sorry.  I will try my hardest only to mention weather stuff for the rest of the post.  I make no promises to achieve this though.

So, the rest of the summer will not be perfect, there will very likely be more rainy days, some cooler days and some windy days.  But also plenty of days like today.

Onto the details for my friends, enemies, dancing partners and ladyboy ex-lovers:

Tuesday will be fairly cloudy, it might start bright, but there is a chance of some rain in the south of England in the afternoon, debatable as to whether it will get as far north as Reading, 50%.  Reasonably warm at 19'C, maybe a 21'C if we avoid the rain and get a little bit of sunshine.
Wednesday looks a reasonable day, probably cloudy to start with but it should brighten up, somewhere between 18'C and 20'C depending on sunshine amounts.
Thursday looks a better day, similar to Monday, with a fair amount of sunshine, some cloud, temperatures hopefully reaching 22'C.
Friday should start sunny but low pressure is approaching from the west with some outbreaks of rain for later in the day, exact timing is not guaranteed, nor the amount of rain, but I would expect by the evening.  Depending on how long it stays reasonable for, it might reach 23'C but don't be too surprised if instead the rain arrives by afternoon and therefore only 19'C.

And the weekend for my friends who declined my invite this weekend to see Sven in Leeds and are going to Lovebox in London instead on Saturday?

With the amount of evil techno Sven played, and the fact that he cleared the heavy rainclouds away from the festival site and kept it glorious all day, he might be getting a little revenge.  Sorry.

I don't envisage it being too bad though.

A north-westerly wind with low pressure very close to the UK, bringing cool winds and showers.  You may get lucky and stay dry - after all the forecast for my festival was for showers but it ended lovely and sunny all day with just the one light shower when queuing to get in...but Sven does seemingly control the weather, as I said so you might get 5 showers.  Not likely to be higher than 17'C.  I will update you on my Thursday forecast.  I will do my best to control the weather...maybe it was actually me rather than Sven who sorted it out on Saturday?  Surely not?

However the Met Office are not as optimistic as me, and I quote 'Very unsettled, with strong winds and spells of rain spreading from the west by the weekend'.  But you know I am better, ha ha ;-)

I really need some sleep so I shall try to finish it off.

Sunday still this cool wind with more showers.  You are not guaranteed a shower but you may get 5.  It might not get above 15'C if there isn't much sunshine.

Next week looks quite changeable with some sunny warm days, and some cooler showery days, maybe some longer spells of rain and wind.  But still pretty reasonable and I have high hopes for the last weekend of July being sunny and warm.  Maybe very warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment