Text

Welcome to my weather blog. I produce two weather forecasts per week, normally Monday and Thursday evening, and also put links to any other interesting weather information, and crazy weather videos that I discover. The forecast is based on my expectations for the Reading area, UK. If you want a forecast for your area, please e-mail me or comment below the blog post.

Saturday 9 July 2011

Updated Weather Forecast - Thursday 7th July 2011

I'm going to refrain from making any outlandish statements - the potential for more hot weather later in the month is still there - but it was there last summer and look what happened.  Actually, last summer, the jet-stream (in very similar pattern to now) pushed all the heat we and much of Europe should have had in late summer to Russia where they had weeks of 30'C or more heatwave, forest fires, incredibly high pollution in Moscow and some other cities.  I'll stick with what we get, thanks.  Though a bit more dry weather and sunshine wouldn't go amiss.  We should get some.

Friday will continue unsettled with heavy showers and perhaps some longer outbreaks of rain.  17'C but not really that important.
Saturday, this low pressure finally pulls away to the north-east, which is a good thing in the short term, perhaps not so much later on, but basically, Saturday should be decent weather, sunshine and reasonable amount of cloud - enjoy it!  There is a chance of a shower, but it is only just worth mentioning, 20'C.
Sunday should be quite sunny, there will be cloud,. but it will feel good outside, and maybe up to 22'C with enough sun, a 15% chance of a late afternoon shower.
Monday will be dry and fairly sunny, but our airflow is from the far north, so 22'C at best.
Tuesday will again be pleasant, some cloud, but plenty of sun, a cool airflow still, so no warmer than 22'C.
Wednesday looks pretty spot on for sunshine, a few clouds, again not especially warm for the time of year, 21'C.

Thursday I am not so sure about, it really does depend on the next low pressure and how it behaves.

I've run out of words - forgive me I have a festival to attend shortly.

I still insist that summer so far has been ok, compared to previous years.  But there is currently no sign of persistant hotness.

Enjoy the sunshine behind the clouds...and be ready for winter when it comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment