Text

Welcome to my weather blog. I produce two weather forecasts per week, normally Monday and Thursday evening, and also put links to any other interesting weather information, and crazy weather videos that I discover. The forecast is based on my expectations for the Reading area, UK. If you want a forecast for your area, please e-mail me or comment below the blog post.

Wednesday 24 August 2011

Extra Update Forecast - Wednesday 24th August 2011

As I mentioned on my Monday forecast, there is a band of showers for the end of today, and the amount of rain likely has been upgraded to a substantial amount, similar to last Thursday, so don't be surprised if there is some localised flooding in the morning.

The worst of the rain will clear fairly quickly.

Interestingly, I have just found out that the rainstorm of last Thursday had remnants of tropical storm Franklin in the weather system.

I have always believed that hurricanes have an effect on the UK weather, not always that directly, and I am tracking the projections of Hurricane Irene, which I think will bring a marked improvement to our weather in the beginning of September...but I am not sure on its lasting effects...damn you jetstream.

I will explain all in my Thursday forecast.

One other thing to mention is that if you are camping at a festival, take warm clothing, the nights have been chilly and may get down to something like 4'C during the latter part of the bank holiday weekend which really is quite cold.

If you need any more detail then my forecast issued on Monday should cover it.

No comments:

Post a Comment