Text

Welcome to my weather blog. I produce two weather forecasts per week, normally Monday and Thursday evening, and also put links to any other interesting weather information, and crazy weather videos that I discover. The forecast is based on my expectations for the Reading area, UK. If you want a forecast for your area, please e-mail me or comment below the blog post.

Wednesday 3 August 2011

Extra Updated Weather Forecast - Wednesday 3rd August 2011

My sister has requested a weather forecast especially for this weekend as she is going to a festival in Derby.  She wasn't happy with the last one where I forecasted rain and showers and below average temperatures.

The last festival that she went to was the Isle Of Wight festival and it poured down.

So, for anyone else reading, if you are planning on a festival trip, check with my sister first to make sure she is not going to a festival that weekend, if you want to avoid a soaking.

And for my sister...well perhaps slightly less bad than my last forecast, the worst of the rain will likely be Monday rather than Saturday...

Friday will be quite decent, there will be plenty of cloud around with a small chance of a light shower developing, 22'C in Reading, 20'C in Derby.
Saturday and the first low pressure I expected will go over France instead, so there will be some sunshine, but plenty of cloud too, and some showers around, 60% chance of one.  Showers being showers, remember you could stay dry all day or get 5 showers.  21'C both locations.  Maybe some early rain in Derby too.
Sunday sees the low pressure much closer, so more showers and some of these will be heavy and prolonged, increasingly so as the day goes on.  85% chance in Derby, 95% in Reading, 19'C.
Monday has the low pressure over England, so showers or longer outbreaks of rain, very little sunshine, some of the rain could be heavy especially later in the day, 18'C.

Details still subject to slight alterations with regards to timings.

1 comment: