Text

Welcome to my weather blog. I produce two weather forecasts per week, normally Monday and Thursday evening, and also put links to any other interesting weather information, and crazy weather videos that I discover. The forecast is based on my expectations for the Reading area, UK. If you want a forecast for your area, please e-mail me or comment below the blog post.

Monday 15 August 2011

Updated Weather Forecast - Monday 15th August 2011

Firstly, apologies for the last forecast, it wasn't my best, I was feeling a little bit aggravated and couldn't concentrate on it properly - I think I got the general idea right but I said that Monday's rain would arrive on Tuesday instead.  Meh.

That it arrived on Monday will be a good thing, though.

Today's picture is again from my good friend Martin, I like these skies - they promise sunshine but suggest a storm could be a day or so away.  It was taken on 1st August if I recall correctly.  Sunshine and thunderstorms, I love it!  If anyone wants me to feature one, please do send it to me.



Tuesday sees this little area of low pressure decaying over us, so plenty more cloud, perhaps some spots of rain, but with any sunshine it could reach 20'C.  Without then just 17'C.
Wednesday sees a lot of nothingness, with the cloud from the decaying low still to burn off - remember that the sun ain't as strong in August as it is in June, so it isn't so easy, but pressure is rising to the south and south-west.  Temperatures really will depend on sunshine amounts, anywhere from 20'C to 25'C possible, it really will be very localised weather.

Thursday will be a very similar day, plenty of cloud in many areas, but some places sunny, cloudy places will see some sun too I expect at 21'C, and the sunniest places could see 25'C.  I don't rule out a late afternoon downpour, these will be rather localised again, and with little wind they will be slow to clear if you do get one.
Friday will be dry and sunny, low pressure is however approaching from the west.  Depending on how quickly the cloud has burnt off during the week, temperatures up to 28'C are possible, though 24-25'C is most likely, and over quite a large area.  This will be the best day of the week.

And Saturday, glorious Saturday...well...subject to variation, this low pressure to our north-west will be trying to push in rain to the UK, but will have a southerly flow ahead of it, so assuming it is sunny it could just reach 30'C in the south of England. ?

Any further from that will depend on what has happened before.

It is already looking better than I hoped, given that the rain I forecasted for Tuesday arrived today.  It makes sense to me that rain arriving quicker is a good thing, anyway.

Sunday could be anything really, you could have an uncomfortably hot day around 32'C, or just hot 28'C with a big ass thunderstorm perhaps overnight.  Or maybe I am wrong with everything before and it is 20'C, cloudy and wet (but this is the least likely outcome in my eyes...but it is a possible outcome so I have to mention it).

I remain hopeful of a spell of settled weather later in August, or during September, warm and sunny kind of settled.

By the way, as I write now, the Met Office website agree with me for lots of sunshine on Friday, but only 21'C.  I say up to 28'C.

Oh and I think the bank holiday weekend will be good by the way, either hot with thunderstorms, or very warm and sunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment