Text

Welcome to my weather blog. I produce two weather forecasts per week, normally Monday and Thursday evening, and also put links to any other interesting weather information, and crazy weather videos that I discover. The forecast is based on my expectations for the Reading area, UK. If you want a forecast for your area, please e-mail me or comment below the blog post.

Thursday 18 August 2011

Reading Flooding

I took my eye off the ball, and look what happened...flooding...typical.  Though I did on Monday warn of the potential for a downpour, I didn't at the time expect it to be so severe.

So far the best reports I can find are this video of the bridge near the train station earlier.

If anyone has anything to add, let me know, I will be happy to.

I will do a proper forecast later, and the weekend isn't looking as good as I had hoped in terms of heat or sunshine...but there should be something.

***

Bournemouth got it worse, not sure if they had more rain in total than Reading but something similar I expect, it just came down in a much shorter space of time in Bournemouth than it did in Reading.  The figures will no doubt show later...but the pictures are quite something.  Thanks to Sophie for putting me onto this.

***

Be prepared for a repeat on Monday or Tuesday.  I will give more details later.

No comments:

Post a Comment