Text

Welcome to my weather blog. I produce two weather forecasts per week, normally Monday and Thursday evening, and also put links to any other interesting weather information, and crazy weather videos that I discover. The forecast is based on my expectations for the Reading area, UK. If you want a forecast for your area, please e-mail me or comment below the blog post.

Thursday 4 August 2011

Updated Weather Forecast - Thursday 4th August 2011

I reckon I know the question that you want me to answer...is summer over?

The answer is no.  Just a short blip, nicely timed for the weekend.  I ain't promising more hot weather but the potential is still there.

Expect to see more clouds like this over the weekend - this is my photo.  Please, if you want me to feature a weather photo of yours, I would be delighted to.


Friday will actually be pretty decent, some spells of sunshine, but cloud too, a warm 23'C could be reached, with a small chance of a light shower.
Saturday will be cloudier, though the sun may show its face at times, a higher chance of a shower or two at 60%.  20'C with a bit of sunshine.
Sunday sees low pressure over the south-west of the UK, plenty of showers, you will be lucky to stay dry - but it is possible.  19'C.
Monday sees the low pressure move into the North Sea but bringing a northerly wind with it with bands of showers, very lucky if you stay dry all day, 20'C in the sunshine, and there will be some.
Tuesday sees high pressure building from the west but only 19'C due to the slightly cool air, sunshine with a 30% chance of a light shower.
Wednesday sees high pressure in charge, dry sunny, and a little warmer at 21'C.
Thursday may be cloudier, if so 20'C, but with some sunshine it could rise to 23'C.

Next weekend is still uncertain, though I fancy 25'C with a chance of thunderstorms.  Of course I fancy that as they are my favourite weather conditions.  But I think it might happen.

Rest of August - generally dry, some 3 day breakdowns of unsettled weather at times, but plenty of dry weather, sometimes below average temperatures around 19'C but rising to above average, around 25'C a few days after.  Then back to showers, followed by cool and dry then warm and dry...and repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment