Text

Welcome to my weather blog. I produce two weather forecasts per week, normally Monday and Thursday evening, and also put links to any other interesting weather information, and crazy weather videos that I discover. The forecast is based on my expectations for the Reading area, UK. If you want a forecast for your area, please e-mail me or comment below the blog post.

Monday 8 August 2011

Updated Weather Forecast - Monday 8th August 2011

Today was a crap day at work.  This is going to be a crap weather forecast.  Not necessarily because of crap weather, but the amount of uncertainty.  The most difficult forecast for some time.

Today's weather picture comes courtesy of me.  And thanks to that rather excellent thundery downpour yesterday in Reading.


In summary, this week will often be cloudy with a noticeable westerly wind, but warm and humid at times too.  The questionable part is how much rain and when, and how much sun and when.  Enough sunshine and 26'C is possible (this last word being very much operational).

Tuesday will be sunny and dry, some cloud, not especially warm at 19'C.
Wednesday sees warmer air push in, but with an increasing westerly wind, much more cloud and it may be thick enough for some light rain later in the day, 22'C in any sunshine.
Thursday remains mainly cloudy, some patchy rain possible at any time of the day, but quite warm and humid up to 22'C.
Friday might see something in the way of sunshine and if it does then 25'C is possible.  Equally it could be could with some patchy rain and 21'C.

I don't especially want to pick an outcome for the weekend, but I guess I have to given my proclaimed weather forecasting 'abilities'.

I ain't especially confident yet but for Saturday I favour sunshine and 25'C but clouding over with rain in the evening or overnight, potentially heavy.  Don't be surprised if it rains during the day instead.
Sunday I favour some sunshine, 19'C.  Similar to the Tuesday (9th).

From then on I remain hopeful of at least a few days of high pressure and sunshine.  At least until the weekend, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment