Text

Welcome to my weather blog. I produce two weather forecasts per week, normally Monday and Thursday evening, and also put links to any other interesting weather information, and crazy weather videos that I discover. The forecast is based on my expectations for the Reading area, UK. If you want a forecast for your area, please e-mail me or comment below the blog post.

Monday 9 May 2011

Updated Weather Forecast - Monday 9th May 2011

I hope you enjoyed the pouring rain at the weekend - I did.  I was walking through the centre of Reading around 1/2am and overtook, with my excellent umbrella, a rather attractive young woman who was getting rather soaked - I had to offer for her to share my umbrella until she got to her destination.  Sadly she was married - always the way - but at least I had done a good deed for the day.

I feel this will be repeated, the heavy downpour rain after warm weather, a couple of times, but not for a while, maybe the end of May, more likely in June.

For now, we actually have some colder than average weather coming our way, just in time for the weekend.  Well, we have been pretty damn lucky the last few weeks so we cannot complain.  And I don't see it lasting too long on current forecasts.

Tuesday, the low pressure that has been sat to the west of the UK starts to drift northwards, the weather should be sunny, some clouds, chance of a shower but nothing too significant, 19'C.
Wednesday I expect more in the way of cloud, but still reasonable amounts of sunshine, also more showers around, fairly small showers but they could be quite sharp, a little more average temperatures, 16'C.
Thursday, high pressure is building to the south-west, this low pressure is finally starting to shift its arse in between Iceland and Scotland, going in a north-east direction, which will allow some cool north-westerly winds, with some showers, a typical spring day really, 15'C.
Friday, a touch cooler at 14'C, again with the chance of showers, feeling quite fresh.
Saturday sees high pressure building to the west of the UK, allowing a northerly flow of air, coats required as I don't think it will feel nice at all, chance of some hail showers I suspect too, 13'C at best.
Sunday, same again, perhaps a little cooler at 12'C, more showers, again chance of hail.


I am still expecting it to turn warmer for the latter third of May, as per my long-term forecast, though again that will trigger more thundery rain - I am expecting a generally good summer, I really am hopeful.

If we get some fairly hot weather in June followed by some proper downpours, imported from Spain, then I think we can get some more hot weather in July and August, and maybe some very hot weather.

I remain confident of lots of hot sunny weather, interspersed with thundery breakdowns for the summer months, cooling off in the second half of August.

But it will depend on what happens over the next month.  I do say this with some hesitation, but fingers crossed, we are back to good summers.

No comments:

Post a Comment