Text

Welcome to my weather blog. I produce two weather forecasts per week, normally Monday and Thursday evening, and also put links to any other interesting weather information, and crazy weather videos that I discover. The forecast is based on my expectations for the Reading area, UK. If you want a forecast for your area, please e-mail me or comment below the blog post.

Thursday 26 May 2011

Updated Weather Forecast - Thursday 26th May 2011

I enjoyed seeing those dark and nasty shower clouds today.  I much prefer active weather to dross.

But we have a dross weekend ahead.  Fast forward a week and I am fully confident that things will be much better.

Friday will see the low pressure which brought all of those showers push away to the east, so it should be fair, some cloud, some sun, chance of a light shower in the early afternoon, but even in the sunshine it will only be 15'C thanks to the cold air that it pulled in.
Saturday we are in this westerly flow of cloud, and perhaps bits and pieces of rain, but I would not be surprised if it stayed dry, 15'C at best, oh and quite breezy.
Sunday will be similarly miserable to Saturday, but we gain a little warmth at 17'C if nothing else.
Monday will see a band of patchy rain cross from the north-west at some point during the day, probably in the afternoon, it may well start bright, 16'C.  However, I do not rule out this band of rain coming in the evening, and there being enough sun beforehand for it to actually be a pleasant day and reach 19'C.  I favour the former outcome, but I have to mention this possibility too.  65/35 chance in my opinion.  Further east of Reading may well be like this.
Tuesday is the day that the big area of high pressure to our south-west finally gets its chance to move towards the UK, so say hello again to sunshine.  However and there are a few of them - there is plenty of cloud potential, there may be a light shower and I doubt it will be any warmer than 15'C even if it is sunny.
Wednesday should be fairly sunny and may even reach 18'C.  I would not be surprised if my next forecast upgrades this.
Thursday, what cloud there is should clear and it should warm up, 22'C is realistic.  24'C is possible.
Friday, sunny and very warm, 24'C.

Saturday and Sunday may even reach into the category of hot - say 26'C-27'C.

I do expect June to be dominated by high pressure, and to be very warm or hot at times.  Not all the time though.

Happy days are around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment