Text

Welcome to my weather blog. I produce two weather forecasts per week, normally Monday and Thursday evening, and also put links to any other interesting weather information, and crazy weather videos that I discover. The forecast is based on my expectations for the Reading area, UK. If you want a forecast for your area, please e-mail me or comment below the blog post.

Monday 30 May 2011

Updated Weather Forecast - Monday 30th May 2011

I have just suddenly realised that it is Monday, and therefore a weather forecast is required.

I don't expect that many people are that interested in what the weather is going to be right now, after a fairly miserable bank-holiday weather-wise (though a bloody good fun one!), but I am interested, and I think many should be.

Sadly it is one of those forecasts where my confidence diminishes quite repidly towards the exact outcome especially from next weekend onwards, but I have ideas.

What I do expect though is as follows.  I could actually just re-write what I put on my last forecast.  My last one I am very happy with.

Tuesday will see some sunshine as high pressure builds, but some cloud will bubble up and there is the potential for a couple of showers, quite cool, 15'C.
Wednesday may be less sunny, in some ways - I think there could be quite a bit of high cloud making the sun somewhat hazy, but it will be starting to feel quite warm at 19'C, maybe 20'C.
Thursday - as previously promised, sunshine and warmth is back, there may be a bit of cloud around but not too much, a proper lovely day, 22'C, maybe 24'C.
Friday will be similar, sunshine, some cloud potential and temperatures between 22'C and 24'C with a warm feeling breeze.


Saturday is where I begin to lose confidence on the specifics, but it will remain warm, just how warm will depend on how the developing high pressure situates itself around the UK, I would say 60% confident of another very warm and sunny day at around 25'C.  I do however think that there is a potential for cloud and perhaps a thunderstorm instead, around 22'C.
Sunday again I am unsure, at a guess, it will still be quite warm at around 20'C with some cloud and the potential for bits of rain.

My best guess is that it will then briefly become cool, perhaps unsettled, before warming up again.

I think that there may be a significant rainfall event around 15th June, but again, that I am not definite about.

With better weather returning after.

I think that is a forecast worth reading - the promise of sunshine and warmth, and the potential for something interesting later.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment