Text

Welcome to my weather blog. I produce two weather forecasts per week, normally Monday and Thursday evening, and also put links to any other interesting weather information, and crazy weather videos that I discover. The forecast is based on my expectations for the Reading area, UK. If you want a forecast for your area, please e-mail me or comment below the blog post.

Friday 20 May 2011

Updated Weather Forecast - Friday 20th May 2011

Yes I know I normally do my forecasts on a Thursday evening, but a bottle of wine and a late night were not helping me last night, especially with very confusing models at the moment, which keep flip-flopping every time I look at them.

The first few days I am fairly confident with - after that my confidence dimishes rapidly.  Especially given that my previous forecast for this Sunday and Monday is going to turn out quite wrong!

Friday to be fairly cloudy, some sunny breaks, also the chance of a light shower or two later in the day, 16'C.
Saturday sees low pressure heading towards Scotland, and for us in Reading, there will be a band of rain overnight, but the day should be pretty sunny, some cloud, quite warm at around 19'C.
Sunday will be windy and cool, 15'C, fair with the chance of a light shower or two.
Monday sees a rather nasty low pressure to Scotland again, for this time of year, but down south it should remain mostly dry, if rather cloudy, 17'C.
Tuesday, dry with sunny spells, 16'C.

After that I am not so confident.  At a guess, fairly sunny and 20'C on Wednesday, fairly sunny and 23'C on Thursday - but only 40% confident on this.

I always thought that it would warm up towards the end of the month, and I still believe that is the most likely outcome but I am not yet convinced that it will happen.

I hope come Monday, I can promise temperatures of 25'C for later next week and the weekend - but don't be surprised if I cannot and it ends up being miserable instead.

Still hopeful of high pressure for the beginning of June over the UK, and eventually becoming hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment